Norwex and Trail Hygiene


My wife has gotten hooked on Norwex products and has slowly been filling our place with them.  After seeing them at work around the house I started thinking about how they would work out for camping. After a bit of experimenting I am going with their toothbrush and there face cloth.

The Norwex Toothbrush as it came
The toothbrush works without toothpaste. So no need for mini travel toothpaste or tooth powder or dried toothpaste dots just water. That basically sold me on it being my camp toothbrush. It also comes ready to go with at travel head cover. I have been using one for a month now and it seems good and I have not heard complaints from people I know who have used it longer. The Toothbrush has antibacterial properties that allow it to self clean making it more sanitary then an ordinary toothbrush. It is a full sized toothbrush so if you are into counting grams you can always cut off the handle or use one off the kid versions but at least you only have to worry about the toothbrush and nothing else (for the truly extreme you could always try just using the replacement head). It is not cheap but it does come with a replacement head and I am hoping it will last for a while.

The Norwex Toothbursh and backup head out of package
The second product I have incorporated is one of their facecloths. The facecloth is microfiber with the same antibacterial properties as the toothbrush and cleans well with just water. It is not going to replace a hot shower but is enough to keep from feeling to grungy and to keep my acne at bay. Again if you want the most for your space they do have travel and baby sizes but I have gotten used to the full size. I have been using this product for about a year now and never travel without it.


The full size cloth with the smaller one on top
They have a range of other cloths and products that you can see on their website (http://angelabechtel.norwex.biz/) but unless you are camping in an RV there is no need for much more in your pack. Their towels are good and might be useful to take but since their products are not targeted at camping they are not as compact as ones from companies like sea to summit so I have not made the switch.  What products have your found to meet your needs in the woods?



The Norwex Towel
The Sea to Summit Towel

Both towels folded up 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Primary Knife: Review and Modifications

Mora Eldris: Review and Mods

A Wok in the Woods